background

24 January 2008

Dakota's First Day of Preschool


Last August we tried to enroll Dakota for preschool. They were full so we were on the waiting list. The director called us last week, and they had an opening. I asked Dakota if he wanted tot go to school and he said "YES!" He would not quit talking about it. Tuesday was Dakota's first day of school. The weather was crappy. We had less than an inch of snow and ice that fell late morning. The public schools were on a two hour delay, therefore the preschool was still in session. I walked Dakota in. As soon as we were in and met his teacher, Mrs. Plummer, he acted as if I weren't even there, an didn't notice when I left.

I picked him up, and his teacher said that he did great. He fit right in. Wednesday and Thursday went about the same. Although Thursday he got lost among the other parents in the hallway when we were on our way to hang up his coat and bookbag. He got upset and was crying. Then he had a hard time letting me go. But it didn't take long for him to cheer up, and have a good day.

He is attending Old North Methodist Preschool. Is is one of the best preschools in Evansville with a great Christian environment. I am anxious to see how much he grows in the 4 months they have left of school. I know he loves to play, and enjoys being around other kids. It's the structure that he will have a hard time with.

No comments: